When it’s time for roof replacement, you need to make sure you spend ample time researching to find the right roofing contractor. A new roof is a smart, emmasblog but massive investment in your home. Before hiring a roofing contractor, be sure to ask them the following questions.
1. Are you insured? Watching roofers in action often elicits “ooohs” and “ahhhs” from those passing by. The speed at which they work is nothing short of amazing. But the fact is, it’s dangerous work. If you think roofers never slip and fall- think again. forbrukermagasin The last thing you need is a lawsuit. So make sure your chosen roofing contractor is insured.
2. Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau? The Better Business Bureau offers a useful service to potential customers of all businesses. With that in mind, you want to make sure the roofing contractor in question is a member. If they aren’t, they can’t be trusted. And if they are, don’t just assume they’re a good fit for your job. fridagsblog Instead, look them up on the BBB site. Then you can have peace of mind that you’ve made a reliable choice.
3. How long have you been in business? There’s no substitute for experience. If you didn’t care about experience, you’d probably just replace your own roof. But for such an important job, you want a veteran roofing contractor with multiple years on the job.
4. Can I see a list of references? A roofing contractor who does good work has plenty of satisfied customers. Ask to speak with them. And if they give you a list, which they should, make sure to call at least a few of the customers to make sure they really are satisfied.
5. What are the terms of your contract? Never, never, never sign anything without reading it first. A dishonest contractor will have a dishonest contract, which makes sure they aren’t held liable for their less-than-professional work. Thoroughly reading a contract can keep you from signing on bad terms, and ultimately can save you from having to sue to get out of a bad contract.
6. What sort of materials do you use? The roofing contractor you hire should use only the best building materials. However, inspirasjonsguide a dishonest contractor may try to switch out for cheaper materials, pocketing the difference. Be sure to not only ask about types of materials, but also check up on the materials during the job.
7. Do you offer warranties? No matter how high quality your roofing materials are, it’s possible that they could suffer from manufacturer defects. Warranties ensure you are safeguarded when no one but the manufacturer is to blame.
8. What if I am not happy with the work you perform? Sometimes things go wrong and one side of the agreement isn’t happy. livsstilsnyheter Work that doesn’t meet the customer’s standards is unacceptable. A reputable roofing contractor will stand behind his work and race back to your home to fix anything that doesn’t measure up to your specifications.
The roofing contractor you choose should favorably answer all 8 of the above questions. If they don’t, it’s time to look elsewhere for a roofing contractor that’s worth your time.